Forum Forum

Go to forum

CG on C Band suitability of technical conditions for 5G

RSS
Peter Faris 31/01/17 20:26

ECC PT1#54 agreed that a Correspondence Group should be activated according to the ToR in SWG C Annex 11 in order to progress the work on the assessment of the suitability of technical conditions of ECC/DEC/(11)06 to 5G until next ECC PT1 meeting in April and nominated Mr. Alessandro Casagni (HUAWEI) as convenor.

Alessandro Casagni 10/03/17 23:30

Dear Colleagues,

I am glad to provide my contribution to this important task on “the suitability of ECC Decision (11)06 for 5G in 3400-3800 MHz”.

After a few weeks after last ECC PT1 meeting in Cascais, let me please provide an update on the status for this Correspondence Group on as well proposals for next steps in preparation for the next ECC PT1 meeting (April 24-28).

Discussions took place at the recent 3GPP RAN4 meeting (Athens, Feb 13-17) in relation to the LS that ECC PT1 sent from its meeting in Portugal.

While various contributions were submitted (see the list below), RAN4 decided to postpone its feedback to ECC PT1 to the next RAN4 meeting that will be held on April 3-7 (the last RAN4 meeting before next PT1 meeting).

Based on this outcome, I would like to plan the first call of the CG right after the next RAN4 meeting. I would therefore propose this call to take place on April 12th or 13th: could you please express your preference at the following link ? http://doodle.com/poll/hrn7d8k2ns32mtg8

Best Regards,

Alessandro.

R4-1701680  Suitability of technical conditions of ECC DEC (11) 06 for 5G Source: ECC PT1

R4-1700845  Technical conditions of ECC DEC(11)06 for 5G for 3.4 to 3.8 GHz Source: Ericsson

R4-1701671  Considerations and proposals on ECC requirements in 3400-3800MHz for NR Source: Nokia, Alcatel-Lucent Shanghai Bell

R4-1702039  Evaluation on ECC requirements in 3400-3800MHz Source: Huawei, Hisilicon

Alessandro Casagni 24/03/17 19:18

Dear All,

based on the results from the survey the 1st web meeting for the Correspondence Group is now scheduled for April 12th from 10.00  to 11:30 AM

The registration page is available at: www.cept.org/ecc/groups/ecc/ecc-pt1/client/meeting-calendar/event-details/?meetingid=1998

We will provide more details in preparation for this web meeting after the next 3GPP RAN4 meeting that will end on April 7th. 

Best Regards,

Alessandro.

Alessandro Casagni 11/04/17 12:10

Dear All,

let me please share the LS (on suitability of technical conditions of ECC DEC (11) 06 for 5G) that was agreed during last week 3GPP TSG-RAN WG4 meeting.

While this LS is on its way to PT1, I think it represents a valuable input to the discussions during our CG call tomorrow (10.00 AM CEST).

Best Regards,

Alessandro.

Reza Karimi 12/04/17 01:14

Dear all,

Please find attached a slide-set contribution entitled:
"Suitability for 5G of existing ECC regulations for 3400 – 3800 MHz"
for discussion at the Correspondence Group's call on the morning of 12 April.

Looking forward to our discussions.

All the best
Reza

Alessandro Casagni 12/04/17 07:08

Dear Colleagues,

please find attached an update of the CG "working document".

The working document agreed during Cascais meeting was updated to account for the information received from 3GPP TSG RAN WG4, some refinements to the docuemnt structure are also proposed.

Best Regards,

Alessandro.

Alessandro Casagni 14/04/17 12:28

Dear All,

please find attached the updated working document.

The proposed updates account for the discussions to the CG webmeeting on April 12th . In particular, as agreed, the updates to Chapter 5 are based on the input presentation (“[Huawei] Suitability for 5G of existing regulations for 3400-3600 MHz (2017-04-11)” available on this Forum); considering that additional time will be needed for discussions on the BEM requirements, the proposed changes to Chapter 5 are all kept within [square brackets].

Could you please share your possible remarks on this proposed document before Tuesday 18th 2PM CEST ?

I will need to upload the CG report (which I will share with you shortly) and updated CG working document by Wednesday 19th 2PM CEST taking advantage of the dlexibility on the CG submission deadline that has been allowed by PT1.

Best Regards,

Alessandro.

Alessandro Casagni 14/04/17 13:05

Dear All,

please find attached the CG progress report for the upcoming PT1 meeting.

Please feel free to share your possible remarks before Tuesday 18th 2PM CEST

I will need to upload the CG report and updated CG working document (see previous post) by Wednesday 19th 2PM CEST taking advantage of the dlexibility on the CG submission deadline that has been allowed by PT1.

Best Regards,

Alessandro.

Peter Faris 02/05/17 17:10

ECC PT1#55 in Berlin (24-28 April) agreed to continue the CG on this issue.

The revised terms of reference are as follows:

The correspondence group shall progress on the assessment of the suitability of technical conditions (BEMs) from ECC/DEC/(11)06 to 5G.

In particular, the CG shall:

1. further evaluate the suitability of harmonised technical conditions (BEMs) from ECC/DEC/(11)06 to 5G and propose, if needed, follow up action(s) to ECC PT1
  2. address issues in relation with least restrictive technical conditions (BEM) and sharing/compatibility with incumbent services within the band and the adjacent bands
  3. further develop the working document that was drafted during ECC PT1#55 (SWG-C Annex 5), also considering the ongoing work in 3GPP
  4. propose, if needed, draft liaisons to relevant groups for approval by ECC PT1

The CG will report to ECC PT1 by 28th August.

Correspondence group convener: Alessandro Casagni (HUAWEI)

Working methods: ECO Forum as well as in person and web-meetings as appropriate.

Alessandro Casagni 25/05/17 06:24

Dear Collegaues,

as agreed during last ECC PT-1 meeting in Berlin, this correspondence group will hold a 2-day face to face meeting in Maisons Alfort (France) on 6-7 June.

The overall objective of the meeting is to progress on the applicability of the TRP concept to the coexistence between MFCN networks and in case of coexistence with other services (e.g. Radiolocation, FSS, FS, BWA).

The meeting will be held at Maisons-Alfort starting on Tuesday June 6th at 9.30 a.m. and will end at around 5 p.m. on Wednesday June 7th. More details in the attached invitation.

The delegates are kindly requested to register at: http://www.cept.org/ecc/groups/ecc/ecc-pt1/client/meeting-calendar/ as soon as possible, but not later than June 2nd 2017.

We would like to thank Heykel and the Agence Nationale des Fréquences (ANFR) for offerring to host this.

Looking forward,

Alessandro.

Close
Site will periodically be offline Monday 22nd April between 0800 CEST and 1200 CEST - IMPORTANT - please read here for changes in functionality after update
Do not show again