Forum Forum

Go to forum

Correspondence Group on CEPT Report B (900/1800MHz band plan, channelling arrangements and LRTCs)

RSS
Peter Faris 24/01/20 11:23

ECC PT1#64 agreed to set up a correspondence group to develop CEPT Report B on the EC Mandate on 5G in 900 and 1800 MHz (see WI PT1_24). The terms of reference are as follows (ECC PT1(20)048_Annex 19):

Terms of Reference for Correspondence Group (CG)
CEPT Report B (900/1800MHz band plan, channelling arrangements and LRTCs)

The CG shall contribute to the update of the draft CEPT Report B on 900/1800MHz BEM and the work should be based on the document SWG C TEMP 01. The CG should focus in particular on:

• Band plan and channeling arrangement taking into account the necessary flexibility for administrations that have current allocations not multiple of 5 MHz and addressing protection of NB systems (GSM, NB IoT)
  • Guidance on how to migrate to 5G and any technical conditions issues
  • Identify suitable BEM to ensure coexistence with adjacent services (Ideally choosing one between the 2 BEM options on the table today)
  • Develop an Annex with proposed changes to the current technical annex of EC Decision

The CG will report to ECC PT1 one week before the deadline of input contributions for the next meeting.

Correspondence group convener:  Fatima Karim (Huawei)

Working methods: ECO forum, web meetings, and physical meetings as appropriate.

The first web meeting is tentatively planned for the 17th March 2020 from 14:00-17:00 CET.

Fatima KARIM 09/03/20 11:17

Dear all

Our web meeting is now approaching March 17th (14:00 to 17:00 CET).

23 people have registered by now to the meeting, for those who didn't register yet, please use the following link:

https://www.cept.org/ecc/groups/ecc/ecc-pt1/client/meeting-calendar/event-details/?meetingid=2917

Please find attached a draft agenda for our meeting.

I invite participants to please share any possible contributions on the Forum no later than March 16th, 13:00 CET, this is important to allow some time for colleagues to familiarize with contents and make meeting discussions more efficient.

Please feel free to share your comments on this forum and let me know if I can help with anything.

Looking forward to our discussions next week.

Best Regards,

Fatima

Fatima KARIM 13/03/20 14:44

Dear all,

Please find attached a contribution from Huawei side with proposed revisions to the draft CEPT report B (track changes highlighted in blue color). We took as starting point the draft CEPT report that came out of closing plenary session of PT1# 64.

Revisions, clarifications and corrections were brought to the following sections:

• Section 5.1 Requirements for updated EC and ECC decisions
  • Section 5.2 RECOMMENDED BAND PLAN including new proposal and clarifications on the FDD paired band definition (supported by additional background added in section 4.2)
  • Section 5.3 RECOMMENDED APPLICABLE LRTCS:
    • Clarification to the terminal Station in-block requirement
    • Correction of the integrated values of the BEM out of block limit between 0-200Khz proposed in Manchester meeting. Indeed, we have repeated the integration exercise and discovered some integration errors for both AAS and non-AAS. Please refer to the attached excel calculation attached to this document
    • Added section 5.3.2.4 with recommended frequency separations that were missing from LRTC section
  • Removal of table in annex 3 that is not exactly what is referred to in current EC decisions annex through reference to ETSI HS

Looking forward to speak to you on Tuesday next week.

Best regards

Fatima

Peter Faris 13/03/20 15:44

Dear Fatima,

I identified a minor error in the spreadsheet for the AAS integration (0.015 MHz offset in cell F7), which slightly reduces the integrated value when corrected. Please see the screenshots below and the attached corrected file.

Regards,

Peter

Original:

Corrected:

Fatima KARIM 13/03/20 18:45

Dear Peter,

Thank you so much for taking time to check and nailing this. Here is a revised version our contribution with the necessary correction.

Best regards

fatima  

Christoph Hildebrand 16/03/20 13:43

Dear all,

Germany is supportive that the basic channelling arrangement in the 900 and 1800 MHz band should contain 5 MHz blocks. I tried to show this in the attached document with the two new figures to be included in section 5.2 and replace the current figures in the working document.

However, the use of legacy systems or IoT with e.g. 200 kHz channels should remain possible.

Best regards,
Christoph

Šarūnas Oberauskas 16/03/20 15:24

Hello Fatima,

I assume Peter already cross-checked everything but if I look at the extract, for the offset of 0.15-0.2 MHz there is a constant value, however in the calculations for the offset 0.165 MHz the formula is used as for offset 0.05-0.15 MHz. The final result will not change much, but is it correct?

Kind regards,

Šarūnas

On 13/03/20 15:44 Peter Faris wrote:
"

Dear Fatima,

I identified a minor error in the spreadsheet for the AAS integration (0.015 MHz offset in cell F7), which slightly reduces the integrated value when corrected. Please see the screenshots below and the attached corrected file.

Regards,

Peter

Fatima KARIM 16/03/20 15:32

Thanks Christoph for your contribution. I have uploaded it to the server.

To other colleagues please try to share, as much as possible, your contributions or any views today to allow all to check before our meeting and have the most efficient meeting possible.

Best regards

Fatima

Fatima KARIM 16/03/20 17:08

Dear Šarūnas,

You are correct, at 0.165 Mhz that's where the flat value starts to apply. But at this granularity it does not make a difference on the result of the integeration as you can see,

Best regards

fatima

Didier Chauveau 17/03/20 13:07

Dear colleagues

Please find attached an input from France on draft CEPT report to be considered during the CG this afternoon

Proposed amendements are submitted in section 5.2 and section 5.3 (begining of the section)

The proposed amendements have been developped on the top of the input to CG submitted by Huawei (CEPT report B (20)02)

We do apologise for this late contribution due to national situation.

Best regards

Didier Chauveau

Close
Site will periodically be offline Monday 22nd April between 0800 CEST and 1200 CEST - IMPORTANT - please read here for changes in functionality after update
Do not show again