Forum Forum

Go to forum

Definition and implementation of a single sector in cellular systems

RSS
Ivica Stevanovic 25/06/19 10:10

STG#64 decided to invite stakeholders to discuss about the issues related to the definition and implementation of a single sector in cellular systems: how SEAMCAT currently deals with single sectors;  what the users would like to have implemented for different options involving the selection of a single sector. This platform is meant to allow the exchange of ideas and opinions, and to facilitate the decision making. The deadline for submitting the contributions to this topic is the December STG#65 meeting.

[member was deleted] 25/06/19 11:12

Dear all,

the attachment provides an overview of the current implementation of the option “Single sector” and proposals for its final implementation.

In a nutshell: it proposes

• for the interfering links
    • to consider only the selected sector if the option is enabled (excluding wrap-around)
    • to consider all sectors if the option is NOT enabled
  • for the victim links
    • to keep the current implementation;
      if the option is enabled, take the cell site the selected sector is located as reference cell

Notes:

1. this contribution presents just my personal view
  2. mistakes on the current release 5.3.0 and enhancements of it, insofar as mentioned, will have to be handled separately by STG

Regards,
Karl

Yannick LI 25/06/19 12:21

Dear all

Please find a quick paper on the definition and implementation of a single sector in cellular system for discussion.

BR

Yannick

[member was deleted] 25/06/19 14:04

Dear Yannick,

concerning your comment on option 2 (not all of the three sectors active as it does today in SEAMCAT V5.3.0) you are right with respect to IMT-2020 macro systems.

But the current implementation does it with the option enabled already as you propose on e.g. OFDMA DL systems:

OFDMA DL

Regards,
Karl

Berthold Ruth 27/06/19 10:49

Dear all,

sorry for my late answer, but I was very busy with the preparation of our new Kitchen and a temperature

around 38°.....   :)

I tried to summarize th different cases in the attached Document.

BR
Berthold

[member was deleted] 27/06/19 14:45

Dear Berthold,

just a comment concerning 'Ref-Cell' vs. 'Ref-Sec'.

The current implementation of "Single sector" does already take account of the 'Ref-Sec' on the simulated results, but it misleadingly does not update the outline panel accordingly:

outline panel

br,
Karl

On 27/06/19 10:49 Berthold Ruth wrote:
"

Dear all,

sorry for my late answer, but I was very busy with the preparation of our new Kitchen and a temperature

around 38°.....   :)

I tried to summarize th different cases in the attached Document.

BR
Berthold

".

Berthold Ruth 01/07/19 09:48

OK, thanks Karl for this Statement.

BR Berthold

[member was deleted] 02/07/19 10:18

Dear Berthold and Yannick,

if I understand correctly, you both are proposing basically the same approach, i.e. to consider ‘Single sector’ only if ‘Single cell’ is selected in combination with one of the Tri-Sector layouts, otherwise to de-activate this option. If the option is enabled, it applies to the interferer as well as to the victim (as currently implemented on OFDMA systems).

Even this might for someone sound ‘less flexible’, I would support your proposal as it is – in contrast to my proposals – unambiguous.

Regards,
Karl

Ralf Schuh 03/07/19 15:24

Dear all, questions on the single sector and single cell.

-- What is the meaning of single cell & single sector for an IMT2020 system? I do not mean the square box for single sector below the single cell

-- In the input document we had to the last STG meeting the single sector was just using one IMT2020 sector towards a victim. Not the case in SEAMCAT with single sector and BS in the middle of the cell as mentioned in the bullet above. This is then not really a reference cell but it is just one BS with one sector

-- for the other single sector cases 1-tier and 2-tier that to me sounds more like a reference single sector and not a single sector

Berthold Ruth 05/07/19 12:04

Dear Karl,

I think your understanding is correct. Please extend it , if additional 1-tier (or 2-tiers) is selected.

So far my understanding.

@Ralf: First sentence -> the same. Please follow the proposal from Yannick.

BR
Berthold

Close
Site will periodically be offline Monday 22nd April between 0800 CEST and 1200 CEST - IMPORTANT - please read here for changes in functionality after update
Do not show again